Thursday, April 30, 2009

Starting Over

It's getting late and I'm burning out, so I'll make it short and sweet:

  • I only had to go to work for 2 hours to take care of a few things. It was nice to just have some time off to finish packing and stuff.
  • I said my goodbyes to my coworkers. I'm terrible at goodbyes. It was totally awkward.
  • I'm working in a town called Songgang (located in Shenzhen city), but I'm living in a town called Chang'an (located in Dongguan City). They're only about 10-15 minutes apart from each other.
  • The apartment complex seems nice. The surrounding area seems to be a step up from the area where I was staying before. There's a McDonalds and Walmart located right downstairs.
  • It's Labour Day tomorrow, but I still have to go to work :(  Come on, it's China.  If anyone was going to be big on this whole Communist International Workers' Day thing, it should be them!
That's it for now! Tomorrow I'm moving again to another apartment upstairs. Then I can unpack and take some pictures. (They only have a squat toilet here...UGH)

1 Comment:

  1. George Mogi said...
    man, squat toilets for the win . . .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_toilet
    (Arguments in favour of squat toilets)

Post a Comment